Wednesday, April 06, 2011
At NYSUT Meeting at Hilton Friday, April 8 - AFT Peace & Justice Caucus Forum
AFT Peace & Justice Caucus Forum:
THE WAR ON PUBLIC WORKERS: FIGHTING BACK FROM WISCONSIN TO NEW YORK
Friday, April 8, 6:30 PM
Midtown Room (4th Floor)
Hilton Hotel (6th Ave. & 54th St.)
• Kaja Rabane, member of the University of Wisconsin Teaching Assistants Association, AFT, who will report on the mass struggle against Scott Walker’s anti-labor legislation.
• Speaker from Grassroots Education Movement, on the campaigns of NYC teachers and parents to halt school closings and proliferating charter schools.
• Brooklyn high school teacher, speaking about the efforts of parents, students and teachers to prevent segregated schooling.
• Jackie DiSalvo, Baruch College Professor of English, member of the PSC, AFT Local 2334, who will put the attacks on public workers in a broader context.
• Respondent: Barbara Bowen, President of the Professional Staff Congress, AFT Local 2334